Saturday, June 12, 2010

Photography Tips-Nikon D300

So I just want to say that the Nikon D300 is my baby. This is mainly because I can't afford a Nikon D3 at the moment, or else I'd have that. However, if you're on a lower budget and you are interested in stop motion, or action photography, the Nikon D300 has a great ability to take a lot of shots in a short amount of time. It also gives AMAZING image quality, if set on RAW. I will add a blog in the future about why RAW files are important, but it's mainly about high quality editing.

The D300 is HEAVY, but not the heaviest I've lifted. It's definitely a good deal for the money. I haven't used a D700 but in my opinion, I'd like to skip from the D300 to the D3, as I've read that the D700 is like an in between, and if I'm going to spend that kind of money, I may as well go all the way.

A reason you would go for the D700 is if you really really really can't afford the D3, but can the D700, AND you want a Full Frame Sensor. The Nikon D300 is still considered consumer-professional, because it's sensor is of normal proportions.

Great camera though, all the images that were taken by me on this site and on www.amandacheyenne.com were taken with the Nikon D300, but I use photoshop extensively on some of my images as well, though Photoshop can't help a bad root image, unless you're hiding its bad qualities with a bunch of filters, which I don't recommend.

But the D300 is quite affordable, and a terrific little piece of equipment. But BUY a GOOD lens!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment